Thursday 10 May 2012

Its seems that my strategy for dealing with my backlog is to bury my head in the sand and make something completely unrelated to the logjam....Yesterday, despite having many commissions on the board I spent the day finishing a couple of large boat toys....The six boat flotilla has a base made from a piece of soft wood that has had a bark beetle infestation at some point...This has left a wonderful texture on the bark surface. I microwave any wood that has had infestation, although the wood itself on this piece was completely unaffected, then I burn it with a blowtorch burnish, paint and rub through...I love finding ways of acheiving more interest on base surfaces....Anyway almost finished...just need seagulls I think...but these have to be put to one side today so I can get on with the orders.......Hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment